Whether you are from the Williamsburg area or have just moved here, we want to make sure you quickly get connected and feel part of the College.
The goals of the Partnership Program are to:
- WELCOME you to the W&M/VIMS community
- CONNECT you with people across campus
- INTRODUCE you to the Williamsburg area, if you are a new resident.
- New employees are matched with a volunteer Partner who is a current employee. Your Partner will:
- Meet with you for the first 2-3 months of your employment.
- Introduce you to people and places
- Alert you to upcoming events on campus or in the community
- Answer questions for new residents about where to find things in the area, like dry cleaning, car washes, doctors, dentists, etc.
- At three months the Partnership formally ends but you and your Partner, hopefully new friend!, can continue meeting informally
To be assigned a Partner, complete the Partnership Program - New Employee Application. A member of the Partnership Program Management Team will contact you about a Partner assignment!