Welcome to a new career and a new community!
Our new employee orientation process will help you successfully transition into your new position. There are five steps:
- Department Orientation: this begins on your first day and continues as you become familiar with your new duties
- Employment Forms: You should complete an electronic I-9 prior to, or no later than, your first day of employment. The hiring department or the Office of Human Resources can provide you with the link to the electronic I-9 website. On your first day you will also be give hard copy of forms for payroll forms, health insurance and other onboarding forms.
- Benefits Orientation: this is an overview of the benefits that are available to you based on your position
- College Orientation: this introduction to the rich history of W&M and resources available today will help connect you to our unique campus and community.
- Partnership Program: This program pairs you with a current employee who will help you navigate the College's people, places and processes for the first three months of your employment.
The information here offers more detail about each step in the new employee orientation process:
- What to Expect on Your First Day
- Completing Your Employment Forms
- Orientation Schedule
- What to Expect at Your Benefits Orientation
- What to expect at Your College Orientation
Maps & Directions
Before your first day you may want to review the tips here:
New to Williamsburg? - If you are new to W&M and also new to the area, check out this valuable information.
Things To Do (pdf) - During your first months you may want to learn more about the campus and explore your surroundings (both at the W&M main campus and VIMS). For ideas on what to explore, check out this list of activities and have fun!
Dual Career website - W&M recognizes that employment decisions often include two careers. This website offers necessary resources to couples and their families.