Performance Management is the foundation to set and clearly communicate performance standards and expectations. An effective performance management process will
- align the efforts of supervisors and employees with departmental and campus goals
- promote consistency in performance assessment
- motivate employees to perform at their best
- ensure fairness and transparency
The employee, supervisor, and the university are critical members of a partnership that ensures effective performance planning, coaching, development and evaluation.
Performance management is a continuous process requiring setting clear performance expectations, constructive feedback, coaching/instruction, and recognition for improvement and contributions. Effective performance management is built on the foundation of a trusting relationship between supervisor and employee that enables open two-way communication.
The performance management cycle consists of:
- Coaching & Providing Feedback
- Completing the Evaluation
All Professional and Professional Faculty should follow the performance evaluation instructions provided by the Office of the Provost and the Performance Planning & Evaluation Policy for Professionals and Professional Faculty (pdf)