There are two ways to hire a temporary employee to work in your department. You can create a temporary position using PeopleAdmin or contact an external temporary agency.
Create a Temporary Position:
To create a temporary position in PeopleAdmin, please refer to the Temporary Employment Guide for step by step instructions to guide you through the process of creating a temporary position and hiring the temporary using PeopleAdmin.
Using a Temporary Agency:
If you choose to work with a temporary services agency, a link to a list of agencies and their rates can be found at: Temporary Agencies Resources Using a temporary employment agency is a viable strategy to assist in covering either a short-term or long-term absence or vacancy, however it can be costly. You contact the agency, provide them with the duties and skills required for you need, and they will provide potential individuals available.
Tips for Identifying and Evaluating Temporary Agencies:
- Be clear about what your goals are and what you hope to gain from the use of a temporary employee.
- Find out about the agency's specializations, client companies, typical work assignments and the benefits and training that may be available to temporary employees.
- Make sure that the representative placing your request for a temporary would be easily accessible and actively interested in your particular situation.
- Ask about the agency's screening and interview process.
- Make sure you are completely satisfied with the employment conditions of the agency before you bring on a temporary.
- Be selective and also feel free to inquire with more than one agency at the same time.