Video Q&A from Know Your Numbers featuring Dr. Saxena and Michele Drielick.
Session 1 in the Be Your Best: Health & Wellness Program focused on body composition, which is the measurement of body fat in relation to lean body mass. Research has shown that body composition is directly related to health. A simple bioimpedence analysis (BIA) test provides important information about your body's composition. The session on April 10th was designed to help participants know what each number meant and how to use them to improve their overall health.
Bioimpedance Analysis (BIA)
Testing Dates and Times
This is a simple, non-invasive test. Participants will need to remove a shoe, sock, and all jewelry from the hand and foot being tested. The test takes about 5 minutes to complete. Please downlead the information packet and bring with you.
For Best, most Accurate Results, please follow these guidelines:
1. Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing.
2. Do not exercise for 12 hours prior to testing.
3. Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing.
4. Drink at least 1 quart of water one hour before your test.
5. Do not drink caffeine the day of your test.
6. Do not wear stockings/pantyhose.