No matter what you are looking for, there is a fraternity at William & Mary for YOU! Joining a fraternity is fun, simple, and easy! Below is some important information to help you get started.
- Please fill out the Fraternity Recruitment Interest Form if you are interested in receiving additional information regarding fraternity recruitment.
- Check out the 2012-2013 Guide to Fraternity Life (pdf)!
- View the North American Interfraternity Conference video about Fraternity Membership
- Learn more about the Fraternity Recruitment Process at The College of William & Mary - "How to Join a Fraternity" (pdf)
- 2012-2013 Inter-Fraternity Council Recruitment Schedule (pdf)
Throughout the early part of the semester, each chapter will be holding multiple recruitment open house events for interested men to stop by and check out the fraternity. For times, dates, and locations, please refer to the Fraternity Open House Schedules (this schedule will be updated as needed).
Spring 2013 Fraternity Open House Schedules
Please check back periodically for updated information; current schedules are accurate as of January 17, 2013.
Recruitment Guidelines for New Members from the IFC Bylaws
Article IV Scholarship
Section B. Undergraduate men must have a minimum 2.0 W&M GPA in order to be eligible to pledge a fraternity. (Entering students with no W&M GPA on file will be assumed to fulfill this minimum requirement). A prospective member may petition to pledge a fraternity if he has less than a 2.0 GPA.
Petitions for men seeking to join a fraternity this semester will be due by Monday, September 24th at 12:00 p.m. in the Inter-Fraternity Council office, Campus Center Student Organizations Suite - Room 4. Petitioners will need to attend the IFC Conduct Board meeting that week. The petitioner will be sent an email with the date, time, and location of the Conduct Board meeting. IFC GPA Petition (pdf)
Each year a handful of fraternities at the College will make scholarships available to new students. If you are interested in an opportunity to get some financial assistance, here's a great place to start looking. Information on scholarships offered by chapters will be available in the summer, please check back then.
Questions? Contact the IFC Vice President of Recruitment [[e|mklarson, Mike Larson]]