Welcome to the Tribe! Parent & Family Programs works closely with the Office of First Year Experience to create a program specifically designed for families. Our goal is to help make the transition to college as smooth as possible for you and your student. Throughout this 2-day weekend, we have designed various informational sessions and events with the goal of getting you as prepared as possible to be a new member of the Tribe.
Families are required to register for Orientation. We ask that you register so that we can best prepare for your arrival and gain information on what informational sessions you are most interested in attending.
Here you can find important information on when to arrive, where you should park, a schedule of events for both you and your student, and information on when you should say "see you later."
Parent & Family Orientation Schedule
The following is an outline of the Parent & Family Orientation schedule. Descriptions of events and a final schedule will be available mid-August. The schedule is subject to slight change.
Friday, August 22nd:
- Residence Hall Move-in, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- ID and Mailbox Key Pick-up, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Local Merchant Fair, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Lunch, 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Welcome to New Students & Families, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- "The College Transition," 3:15 - 3:45 p.m.
- "The Liberal Arts Vision," 4:15 - 4:45 p.m.
- Student & Family Welcome Picnic, 5:30 - 6:45 p.m.
- Colonial Williamsburg Celebrates New Students and Families, 7:15 - 8:00 p.m.
- Fife and Drum Processional, 8:00 - 8:15 p.m.
- WM Bookstore Welcomes You, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 23rd:
- Connections Fair, TBA
- Information Sessions, 9:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Campus Tours, TBA