Get involved to become engaged.
At William & Mary, we believe that student leadership development is a cornerstone in supporting our students to become engaged citizens. Student leadership involves cultivating a frame of mind for exploring self, others and community. Leaders develop a skill set to adapt to change, craft creative solutions and seize opportunities. Leaders are moved by what they care about to make the world a better place.
Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs)
Not only is membership in a recognized student organization a great way to get involved on campus and to meet other students with shared interests, but it can also serve as an incredible practice field for leadership development. Student organizations are responsible for many of the programs and events held on campus each year including social events, lectures, special events, cultural events and conferences. Being a part of an organization and helping to plan and put on one of these events, or to lead an organization, can teach you valuable skills that you can use throughout your lifetime.
TribeLink is William & Mary’s online portal for student engagement and recognized student organization management. We want you to become familiar with all of the awesome opportunities to get involved in at W&M, so by January 4 log into TribeLink and start exploring. However, please do not request to join any organizations yet! Organizations will begin the process of recruiting new members when the academic semester begins.
When you log in for the first time, take a few minutes to manage your account. You can select and rank your interests; TribeLink will be able to recommend events and organizations you may want to check out based on these preferences.
To manage your profile/settings, as well as select and rank your interests:
- Sign in to TribeLink with your WMuserid and password.
- Click your name in the top right corner of the page to go to your main profile page.
- Save your "Event Pass" to your mobile phone so you can check-in at future student events
- Click on "Settings"
- Manage your profile (upload a profile picture, add any additional contact information)
- Manage your privacy settings (determine what contact information you would like shown on the community directory)
- Manage your notifications settings
- Click on “Interests”
- Select and rank your interests.