The First-Year Initiative Directorate is a paid student board focused on planning, designing, and facilitating year-round programming for first-year students at William & Mary. Initiative Directors collaborate to promote both large and small-scale programs, while managing individual focus areas, and help develop and implement initiatives within each.
|Monday, December 11, 2017|
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
|Initiative Director Applications Due|
|Weeks of January 29 & February 5, 2018||Initiative Director Interview|
Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Initiative Director Decisions Available
Monday, February 19, 2018
Agreements Due to the FYE Office
Weeks of February 19 & 26, 2018
Initiative Director Training
|Week of March 12, 2018||First-Year Initiative Director Position Begins|
Qualifications for Employment:
- Leadership potential
- Positive communication skills
- A desire to work with students, family, faculty and staff
- Dedication to helping others
- Integrity and ethical decision-making abilities
- Problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated academic success
- Good standing in terms of honor or student conduct standing (Contact Terry Fassanella before submission of application if you have either.)
Directorate positions are contracted to begin at the start of the spring semester and continue through the fall semester. As a result, applicants must be planning to return to campus in the fall (i.e. not graduating in the spring).
Benefits of Position:
- Significant leadership experience
- Having a lasting impact on the future of William & Mary
- Creating connections with a variety of students from the greater W&M community
- Working with a team and meeting student leaders, new students and new friends
- Gaining more knowledge of and an appreciation for William & Mary
When will I know if I got a position?
We will make every effort to inform all interviewed candidates by email via the timeline above. Those interviewed candidates will receive an email to review their application portal which will contain your final decision.Additional Information:
If you would like additional information, contact FYE. Please print this page for your records (printer friendly icon at bottom of page).