Obtaining your Electronic W2
The College of William and Mary is required by IRS to furnish all employees with a W-2 for each calendar year to be used in completing the employees’ annual tax returns. The W-2 details the taxable wages and tax withholding amounts for the year.
Effective with Tax Year 2010, employees have the option to receive a paper copy W-2 or an electronic W-2 through Employee Self Service. Employees can go myWM.edu and give their consent through Employee Self Service to receive electronic W-2.
Benefits of Receiving Form W-2 Electronically
- Access from anywhere at any time
- Access to Form W-2 will be made available earlier to those employees who provide consent to received the form electronically.
- Eliminates the chance that the W-2 will be lost, stolen or delayed during delivery
- Employee may print multiple copies at their convenience.
- Once consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated
Consent to Receive Your W-2 in Electronic Format
- Log into myWM.edu
- Click on BANNER
- Click on Employee
- Click on Tax Forms
- Click on Electronic W2 Consent
- Check the box , Hit Submit button (once) then logout
- Log out
An employee who chooses to receive his/her W-2 online can change his/her mind and withdraw consent online delivery.
If you do not consent to an electronic W-2, your W-2 will be mailed to you. This will occur during the last week in January.