The Signature Authority Form designates individuals with direct authority and related responsibility to commit funds of the Organization code and Index numbers listed on the form for Financial Operations documents that includes, but are not limited to: vendor payments, travel authorizations, reimbursements requests, Small Purchase Charge Card (SPCC) monthly reconciliation, non-travel business meals forms and journal voucher revenue or expense transfers.
On an annual basis, the Office of Financial Operations will formally request that each department review its list of active indexes and submit an updated listing of authorized signatures to Financial Operations. Individuals designated to approve financial transactions or expenditures are responsible for ensuring the following:
- An understanding of what is being approved
- The information and supporting documentation is accurate and complete
- The transaction is allowable, reasonable and justified
- There are adequate funds to cover the expenses
- The funding source is appropriate for the expenditure
Upon receipt of the form, departments should:
- Complete the top section of the form, by adding the printed name of each staff member who has direct authority to commit funds of the Org and Index numbers listed on the form.
- Use the Restriction Column to list any limited authority the listed staff member may have over an Organization code or Index disbursements. In addition, please indicate any indexes that are no longer used and should not be maintained as active in Banner finance.
- Departments should use the Signature Authorization Form to make any corrections to signature authority during the year.
The Signature Authority Form is valid through the end of each fiscal year. The Department, School/College, Center/Institute or Program entity is responsible for updating the Signature Authority Form when approval changes occur.