Open Burn Permits

In accordance with the requirements of The College's Fire & Life Safety Program (doc), a permit is required before the ignition of any open burning on state owned property.  The following are a list of those types of activities requiring an Open Burn Permit:

  • recognized range or wildlife management practices

  • prevention to control disease or pests

  • providing heat for outdoor workers

  • campfires

  • artwork involving flames

  •  bonfire

  • indoor religious ceremonies and/or activities involving open flames and/or candles/incense

  • cooking


Application must be made in writing at least ten (10) days prior to the request of this permit.

Apply now for an Open Burn Permit (doc)