facman$ aka the "G" drive
The network directory called facman$ is accessible and used by most facilities staff though it is possible to lock down some of its subdirectories to only authorized people. Access to facman$ is provided by our Technology Department . To gain access a supervisor must send a request via email to the [[support, Technology Support Center]].
Once access is granted, the user must map a drive from their PC to the facman$ location. The most commonly used drive letter is "G".
If you have any problems mapping to facman$, please contact Bobbi Rawlings, Systems Administrator through [[borawl, email]], or at 221-7835.
1. On your computer, click Start. In the picture below, Start is located in the bottom left corner. It looks like a circle containing a rainbow colored windows icon.
2. Right click on Computer.
3. Click on Map Network Drive.
4. Pick a drive letter. In most instances, G is used to map to facman$ (also known as the "G drive"). But any letter can be used.
5. In the Folder box, type \\jonesfiles.campus.wm.edu\facman$
6. Check the box Reconnect at logon.
7. Click Finish. That should be it!