The Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.
The Office partners closely with Compliance and Equity, which provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. Online organization charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work.
Diversity News @ W&M
- Task force seeks community feedback on racial climate at W&M
- Thanksgiving basket competition helps families in need
- William & Mary continues efforts to reconcile its slave-owning past - The Virginian Pilot
- 'You can play' video message spreads beyond campus
- Painting and performing the words of Ntozake Shange