The Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.
The Office partners closely with Compliance and Equity, which provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. Online organization charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work.
Diversity News @ W&M
- How Colleges Are Turning Their Racist Past Into Teaching Opportunities - The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Carrying her story of depression, and hope, to American colleges
- Aceto Award winner Pada keeps W&M wheel turning
- W&M announces actions to improve diversity, race relations on campus
- Duke Award honors Whitaker's life of service