The Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed.
The Office partners closely with Compliance and Equity, which provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. Online organization charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work.
Diversity News @ W&M
- Ellen Stofan '83: Contributions of all needed as NASA reaches for Mars
- MLK Service Day at W&M - youtube
- Female cadet looks forward to William and Mary graduation, commission into field artillery corps - The Virginia Gazette
- Shana Haines, winner of college's 2016 MLK award, teaches critical thinking with English - Tidewater Community College
- Huntington Ingalls Industries names director, diversity and inclusion - Virginia Business