The Office of Diversity & Inclusion spearheads the university's affirmative action and diversity efforts. As a part of that mission, it helps to prevent discrimination and harassment. We are committed to creating a College community that is representative and inclusive of individuals with different backgrounds, talents, and skills. We work to ensure that William & Mary is a community where all faculty, staff, and students feel supported and affirmed. William & Mary is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding nondiscrimanation and affirmative action in admissions, hiring, and all other programs and activities.
The Office partners closely with Compliance and Equity which provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory, and ethical obligations. Online organizational charts provide more information about which offices are involved in W&M's discrimination/sexual violence prevention and response work.
Diversity News @ W&M
- Law school dedicates tree in memory of Sharon Coles Stewart, J.D. '75
- W&M prepares to mark 50th anniversary of African-American residential students
- From cockpit to think tank: W&M student veteran prepares to attain his doctorate
- Military policeman prepares to defend the public by learning civilian law at William & Mary
- W&M alumna becomes 1st Vietnamese-American congresswomen