The mission of Disability Services at the College of William & Mary is to create a barrier-free environment for matriculated students with disabilities by considering reasonable accommodation upon request on an individual and flexible basis. Disability Services strives to foster student independence, encourage self determination, emphasize accommodation over limitation, and create a comprehensive, accessible environment to ensure that individuals are viewed on the basis of ability, not disability.
- Students with disabilities will develop self-advocacy skills through the coordination of services and accommodations
- Students will identify and engage strategies that effectively offset disability and enhance academic success
- Disability Services will increase disability awareness within the William & Mary community
Anticipated Learning Outcomes
- Students will have a better understanding of the functional strengths and challenges resulting from their disability
- Students will be able to describe the process for requesting and receiving reasonable accommodation at William & Mary
- Students will be able to clearly articulate their accommodation needs to others
- Students will make independent contacts and/or follow through when they receive resource referrals
ServicesWe offer a variety of services for William & Mary students. From the Watson Lab to special needs housing, we are here to help you in any way we can. Check out the links to state agencies and Virginia's Wounded Warrior Program which provides services for veterans and their families. If you do not see what you need, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Disability Services is located in the Campus Center, Room 109. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You can schedule an appointment in person or by calling 757-221-2510.