Wellness refers to a healthy balance of mind, body, and spirit. We recognize that physical, psychological, spiritual, and environmental factors can obscure or enhance one's well being. At the College of William & Mary, we promote the use of self-responsibility in order to attain a higher level of health and well being. We want you well-adjusted and stress free. Balance and moderation are key for achieving a healthy you.
Quick tips for Stress Reduction
- Take time off from stress- relax and picture yourself in a surrounding which represents peacefulness to you.
- Exercise - take a walk, do a few stretching exercises, lift weights. (William and Mary Recereation Center)
- Take life one day at a time.
- Maintain a sense of humor - learn to laugh at yourself.
- Get organized - prioritize your activities.
- Don't eat on the run - try to schedule meals with friends to take breaks from work.
- Accept imperfection - everyone makes mistakes.
- Stay with your emotions - don't avoid, repress or negate them.
When to Seek Counseling
Counseling is available if you are having trouble coping with a stressful situation or solving a personal problem. Counselors can provide emotional support, new perspectives, and help when considering possible solutions. So if you are in distress, feel overwhelmed by a problem, or find that you keep repeating the same mistakes, then you might consider seeking counseling.
To schedule a counseling appointment, call the number below.