William & Mary Students: Living, Studying, and Available to YOU in DC
The William & Mary Washington Office runs credit-bearing opportunities throughout the year that combine academic rigor and real world experience.
Our programs give employers the benefit of hiring hard working, high achieving interns with W&M administrators as a contact throughout the internship.
Our interns are available throughout the year:
- Spring: January – April
- Summer: June – August
- Fall: August – November
The Benefit to Employers
- Students are admitted to a W&M Study in DC experience through a rigorous application and interview process. They are some of the best students William & Mary has to offer.
- Whether paid or unpaid, our students are available 30-40 hours a week to work as a part of your staff.
- Students are in DC to study a specific topic that relates to your organization. They are likely to settle in DC and enter your field upon graduation – giving you the first shot at hiring some of the nation’s best and brightest.
- W&M administrators work to ensure that you and your intern have a mutually beneficial experience. Our staff will meet with you before, during and after the semester to discuss and evaluate the student and his/her internship experience.
Upcoming Semester/Summer Themes
If you are interested in hiring an intern – now or in the future – please take a look at our upcoming themes to see if there is a fit for your organization.
- "Working for Change: The History and Politics of Social Movements" - Fall 2015
- "The 2016 Election: Parties, Campaigns, Consultants, and Voters" - Spring 2016
- "Nation Building and Conflict Resolution in Asia" - Fall 2016
- "Judicial Politics: Law & Politics in the Nation's Capital" - Spring 2017
- "National Defense Politics and Budgeting" - Fall 2017
- "Cold War Spies and Other Myths: The Development of Postwar American Culture" - Spring 2018
- "Citizenship, Policy, and the Public" - Fall 2018
Submit an Internship Opportunity
If you are interested in hiring an intern - now or in the future - please complete our Internship Opportunity Form. Or, you may contact Program Director Roxane Adler Hickey directly by [[roadle, email]] or at 202-939-4001.
Learn more about our Study in DC experiences
Check out our Employer Brochure (pdf).