The W&M in Washington Program is an academic semester program with an internship component operated out of the Washington Office. The program is open to students in all majors and disciplines, and financial assistance is available. Students receive 6-8 credits for their coursework and an additional 6 credits for the academic work they complete in association with their internship.
Classes are taught by W&M professors and are held at the W&M Washington Office in Dupont Circle. Students live in group apartments located only three metro stops outside the city in Arlington, VA.
- Applications for the Spring 2015 Semester, "Politics in the Era of Social Media," are now open! Click here to apply!
- Information Session - Thursday, September 11 at 6pm - Tidewater A, Sadler Center
- Financial assistance is available for this program.
- Learn more about the W&M in Washington program
- Get a close-up view of Washington’s dynamic governmental, advocacy, research, international, and art institutions
- Enjoy Washington’s rich cultural and social opportunities
- Come face-to-face with expert guest speakers/alums from all over Washington
- Study in a seminar setting with an experienced William & Mary professor
- Build your résumé by participating in a professional internship
- Get a leg up on Summer and full-time employment opportunities