The Fellowships are open to students who:
- Are chosen by the Department of State for internships in the U.S. Embassies in London and Paris, or select offices in Washington, DC
- Are U.S. Citizens
- Are enrolled as sophomores continuing on to their junior year, juniors continuing on to their senior year, or seniors continuing on directly to graduate studies
- Show evidence of substantial scholarly research and/or creative projects
- Show evidence of leadership, public service, and commitment to community
- Demonstrate an excellent academic record.
- Obtain an institutional endorsement from candidate's college/university.
- Obtain strong, detailed letters of recommendation: two total, at least one of which are from faculty who have taught the student.
The names of State Department interns who have authorized the Department to provide their information to other organizations will be forwarded to the Pamela Harriman Fellowship Board for consideration.
The Harriman Fellowship Board will then invite eligible candidates to apply for the Fellowship and provide application instructions.
For more information please contact:
Pamela Harriman Foreign Service Fellowships