Looking to hire a summer intern?
William & Mary has the perfect student for you!
The William & Mary DC Summer Institutes are credit-bearing programs composed of an accelerated course and an internship in DC. Our Summer Institute fellows are selected through a rigorous application and interview process and are in DC to study a specific topic.
Recurring Summer Programs include:
Benefits to Employers
- Fellows are admitted to our programs through a rigorous application and interview process. They are some of the best students William & Mary has to offer.
- Whether paid or unpaid, our fellows are available full-time to work as a part of your staff.
- Fellows are in DC to study a specific topic that relates to your organization. They are likely to settle in DC and enter your field upon graduation - giving you the first shot at hiring some of the nation's best and brightest.
- W&M administrators work to ensure that you and your intern have a mutually beneficial experience. Our staff will meet with you before, during, and after the summer to discuss and evaluate the internship.
How the Institutes Work
A William & Mary professor teaches an intensive (8 hours each day for 2 weeks) course that is specifically designed for the Institutes. Upon completion of the course, fellows begin full-time work at their internship sites, where they remain for ten weeks. Fellows receive credit for their coursework and for the academic work they complete in association with their internship.
- Learn more about our interns by reading our Employer Brochure (pdf).
Submit an Internship Opportunity
We are beginning to look for internship opportunities that sync with the Summer Institutes. If you are interested in hiring an intern - now or in the future - please complete our Internship Opportunity Form. (Or, you may contact [[sladler01, Sarah Adler]] at 202-939-4002).