Spend the Summer with W&M...in DC!
The W&M DC Summer Session allows W&M faculty to spend the summer living and researching in Washington, DC, while teaching a class that you propose.
2015 Applications NOW OPEN! Apply here.
Deadline to apply: October 27th, 5:00pm
How It Works
The W&M DC Summer Session courses are:
- Taught in the W&M Washington Office in Dupont Circle
- Held in the late afternoons and evenings to accommodate research schedules
- Scheduled during on-campus session dates (exact dates vary by year):
- Session I – end of May through end of June
- Session II – beginning of July through beginning of August
The staff of the W&M Washington Office works closely with you to find speakers for classes and make contacts with organizations/institutions with which you wish to work.
Benefits to You
- Complete quality research using the world’s best archives, the world’s biggest library and DC’s many museums and cultural institutions.
- Connect with experts in your field and network with DC-area colleagues
- Experience an urban environment while working for William & Mary - the best of both worlds!
- Teach courses in your department ... while you are in DC!
- Meet local alumni and develop fundraising opportunities for your department
Contact the W&M Washington Office at (202) 939-4000 or [[wmdcof]].