The DC Semester Program is an academic program with an internship component operated out of the Washington Office. The program is open to students in all majors and disciplines, and financial assistance is available. Students receive 6-8 credits for their coursework and an additional 6 credits for the academic work they complete in association with their internship.
Classes are taught by W&M professors and are held at the W&M Washington Office in Dupont Circle. Students live in group apartments located only three metro stops outside the city in Arlington, VA.
Spring 2016 Semester
- Theme: The 2016 Election: Parties, Campaigns, Consultants, and Voters
- Applications will open in mid-August
- Deadline to apply: mid-September
- Financial assistance is available for this program.
- Get a close-up view of Washington’s dynamic governmental, advocacy, research, international, and cultural institutions
- Enjoy Washington’s rich cultural and social opportunities
- Come face-to-face with expert guest speakers/alums from all over Washington
- Study in a seminar setting with an experienced William & Mary professor
- Build your résumé by participating in a professional internship
- Get a leg up on Summer and full-time employment opportunities
- Learn more about the program.