Fall 2018 Semester
- The application for this opportunity will open on January 8, 2018 at 9 am, and close on February 12, 2018 at 5 pm.
- Email [[rrtucker, Rhys Tucker]] with any questions.
Applications for Fall 2018 will close Mon., Feb. 12 at 5 pm.
Seniors, juniors, and exceptional sophomores from William & Mary or any accredited four-year institution may apply for the DC Semester Program.
- Learn more about eligibility and admission requirements
- Financial Assistance is available for this program.
Three-Part Application Process
- The Online Application: You will be required to create a profile and to complete a personal information section, a personal statement addressing the question: "Why is the DC Semester Program is suited for your course of study or personal interests and how do you hope to benefit from it?," and a list of potential internships in Washington, DC to which you would consider applying if you are accepted to the program. These internships should sync with the academic topic of the semester.
- Two - Three Online Letters of Recommendation: Within the online application, you will be asked to enter names and email addresses for your references. Once you SUBMIT your application, a link will be sent to each recommender to complete their letter online. The strongest letters will be at least a one-page testimony from professors who know your academic skills, as well as qualities such as responsibility, analytic ability, leadership, maturity and your ability to work well with others.
- If you are a W&M student, 1-2 of these recommendations must come from a W&M professor (2 preferred). A third recommendation is optional and may come from an employer or College administrator.
- In-person Interview: If you are selected to move forward in the application process, you will be asked to sign up for a 30 minute interview time slot with the DC Semester Program Professor and Coordinator.
Please note that all of your application materials, including recommendations, must be submitted by the deadline for your application to be complete. Your recommenders will NOT receive the link to complete your recommendation until you have submitted your portion of the application.
All prospective and current students with disabilities have the right to request accommodations from Student Accessibility Services when applying for and/or participating in Study in DC opportunities.
- Contact Program Coordinator [[rrtucker, Rhys Tucker]].
- Connect with a student who has already participated in our Program: Program Ambassadors
Note: If you are a non-W&M student, and you are interested in the DC Semester Program please contact [[rrtucker, Rhys Tucker]] for more details.