The Center has five primary missions:
- Support the academic mission of the College by enabling student interaction with policymakers and practitioners
- Support faculty and staff initiatives and facilitate access to resources in the Nation's Capital
- Reach out to area alumni and support alumni organizations and events
- Aid in student recruitment efforts to bring the College to the attention of diverse applicants
- Assist development initiatives to help the College respond to unmet needs
Center Diversity Statement
The creation of opportunities for all members of the William & Mary Tribe is a guiding principle of the Washington Center, driven by our conscience, our responsibility as employees of William & Mary and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and by our respect for the laws of the District of Columbia. We strive to foster diversity within our community of students, staff, faculty, and alumni, as well as to create an open and affirming environment that is welcoming to people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. We affirm our support for all community members regardless of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, documentation status, range of abilities, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, financial means, faith, and political perspective. We are dedicated to ensuring that the Washington Center is a welcoming, safe, comfortable, and respectful home away from home for the diverse community we support.