This is a basic overview of the steps required to bring a new W&M/A&S site into Cascade Server. The details will vary between schools.
1. Create the Information Architecture (IA)
2. Create the "access" group. If you are a Manager you must add yourself to the group. Otherwise, you will not be able to see/manage the group later. (Note: You will have to come back later to enter the asset factory container if this group is to have its own special set. If they are using a generic container you can enter it now.)
3. Create the users. In most cases they are in groups wm-or-as__allusers, wm-or-as__publishers and wm-or-as_yournewaccessgroup. Remember the role is always "Contributor" and the password does not matter since it will become LDAP after you hit Submit. More details about users in your manager training documentation.
4. Grant the group wm__managers write access on their site folder. If this is an A&S site also grant the group as__managers write access. Give wm__allusers AND as__allusers read access. Remember, when granting access for a new site you can start at the site root folder and apply to children. More details about groups in your manager training documentation.
Note: Steps #5 and #6 are only necessary if your site's group needs a special asset factory container. If they are using a generic container just make sure that either a) "allusers" are applicable for the container and each asset within or b) add your new access group as applicable for the container and each asset within.
5. Create the asset factories. You can copy an existing container of asset factories that is similar to what you need then edit the applicable group on the container, and edit both the applicable group and placement folder of every asset factory in the container. By "similar" we mean to be sure to use an "as" container for A&S sites or a "wm" container for W&M sites because the base assets used for each of these is different.
6. Edit the group and assign to it your new asset factory container.