Let the masters help you master web editing.
The Creative Services team hosts Basic Training in Cascade several times each semester, and additional training as needed.
Topics covered in Basic Training:
- Introduction to the W&M web presence
- Terminology and help for Cascade and the web
- Cascade login and navigation
- Building and editing folders and pages
- Uploading and managing documents and images
- Placing links and images within content
- Placing listboxes, related links & widgets in the right column
- Publishing and deleting
- Best proactices and other tips & tricks
Spring 2015 Basic Training Dates:
Thursday, 30 April 2015, 2-4pm in Jones 201 (register)
Note: Additional training is for Cascaders who have received and are comfortable with the topics covered in Basic Training.
What is covered in additional training?
Creative Services does not offer a specific advanced training curriculum. Instead, we offer just-in-time training based upon specific needs and goals of a site. Topics addressed in additional training have historically included, but are not limited to:
- Borrowing and copying content
- Managing multimedia content
- Special page types
- Building widgets & listboxes
- Staging new content without publishing
How do I register for additional training?
There are two methods to receive additional training:
- Cascade Q&A sessions
These are open hours where several Cascade experts will be on hand to assist you individually. Assistance is on a first-come as-available basis.
- Direct request
Departments and offices within Arts & Sciences and our graduate and professional schools should first contact your designated Cascade Expert listed on the Cascade Help Site. All other departments and offices, or those referred to Creative Services for assistance should email [[creative]] with a request for assistance with a specific topic. One of our experts will try to assist in a manner appropriate for the request, as time allows.