Let the masters help you master web editing.
The Creative Services team hosts Basic Training in Cascade several times each semester, and Advanced Training as needed.
Topics covered in Basic Training:
- Introduction to web terminology, the W&M web presence in general and Cascade
- Building and editing folders and pages (includes linking to documents and adding images)
- Publishing and deleting
- Listing Pages (directories, news, events and announcements)
- Optimization (shortcuts in Cascade)
Spring 2014 Basic Training Dates:
- Monday, 24 March 2014, 2-4pm in Blow 311 (register)
- Tuesday, 22 April 2014, 2-4pm in Blow 311 (register)
Advanced Training (by appointment)
Note: Only users who have received basic training may participate in Advanced Training.
Topics covered in Advanced Training often include (but are not limited to):
- Clean URLs and redirect pages
- Borrowing and copying assets
- Special page types
- The Right Hand Column (widgets, listboxes, related links)
To participate in Advanced Training, you must:
- Be comfortable with the topics covered in Basic Training.
- Email [[creative, Creative Services]] to set up an appointment for training.