Because some changes need to be undone...
The Restore Versions function will let you view and even restore prior versions of a page with a simple series of steps. (Note: All users can view prior versions. But only an advanced user, i.e. Approver, Publisher, or Manager, can restore prior versions.)
Every time a user selects the "Submit" button after editing a page, Cascade stores a new version of that page. So the list of available versions for any particular page represents the list of submitted changes.
Cascade stores the 20 most recent submissions. The first version listed is the current version. So, for instance, if you want to restore the page to the way it was before the most recent three submissions, you will select the fourth version on the list.
To restore an old version of a page:
- Navigate to the particular page for which you would like to view an earlier version
- Click on the More tab
- A drop-down menu will appear: click on Versions
- You will be given a list of up to 20 prior versions of your page
- To view a version, click on it
- If you want to activate this version to make it your current version, click on the Activate link at the top; otherwise, choose a different version to view