It's not all spontaneous and immediate.
Creative Services is ready to share our best recommendations for using social media at William & Mary. SMUG meetings will feature strategy, suggestions, cautions and requirements for those who represent the university on social platforms.
W&M at the Moment (and in a Directory)
Social Stream is our social media aggregator of the "official" W&M social media accounts and serves as the directory of all active "official-ish" (campus offices and departments) and "unofficial" (student organizations and personas) accounts.
Resources & Presentations
From Creative Services:
- Social Media Strategy at William & Mary (pdf) (html)
- W&M Social Media User's Guide
- Social media presentations facilitated by Creative Services
- Facebook's Official Facebook Page Insights: Product Guide for Facebook Page Owners (pdf)
- Facebook's Official Page Publishing Best Practices (pdf)
- Facebook's Official Building your presence with Pages: A guide for educators (pdf)
- mStoner's Facebook Timeline Cheat Sheet
- University of Oklahoma's Top 10 Facebook Do's
- YouTube's Official Creator's Playbook
- University of Oklahoma's Top 10 Twitter Do's
- University of Oklahoma's Measuring 101
- The Ultimate Complete Final Social Media Sizing Cheat Sheet from Duke University
Posts on these blogs are worthwhile sources for social media content ideas, strategy and more:
Hashtags are a way to tag your Twitter and Instagram posts for searching, sorting and well ... fun. Learn about our use of hashtags.