Significant proposed policies and policy revisions are published here, in draft form, for campus comment.
There are no policies posted for notice and comment at this time.
Policies under Review or Finalization
These are policies previously proposed and being finalized, or current W&M policies that are being reviewed and may be updated, revised, or eliminated.
Policy on Discrimination, Harassment, Retaliation, and Consensual Amorous Relationships. This policy was proposed in Spring 2014; the comment period ended on July 1, 2014. Comments are being considered and the policy finalized.
The proposed policy would update, improve upon, and consolidate the university's various statements of discrimination policy. The policy:
- helps ensure that we treat others with dignity and respect
- clarifies when someone needs to report discrimination, harassment or retaliation
- expands the university's policy regarding consensual amorous (sexual or romantic) relationships to cover certain relationships between staff and students.
- Emergency Closing Policy. This policy was proposed in 2013. The proposed policy covers various matters related to campus closings, including (1) who decides whether the close the campus during an emergency, (2) how closings are communicated, and (3) which employees are required to work during a closing and how they are compensated. This policy updates and will replace the Inclement Weather Policy. The proposed policy was available for campus comment until March 5, 2014; the comments are currently being considered.
- Dog Policy (revisions to clarify exemption for service animals under development)
Ideas for New Policies or Significant Revisions
This is a non-exhaustive list of new policies that are being drafted, considered, or planned. They may or may not come into being. If you have questions or suggestions about these policies, please contact the Office of Compliance & Policy.
- Policy on employee contact with federal and state government officials
- Policy on telecommuting
- Lactation policy (policy relating to employees or students breastfeeding children or expressing milk)