Significant proposed policies and policy revisions are published here, in draft form, for campus comment, as part of W&M's Policy Program.
- Interim Policy on Sexual Misconduct, Dating and Domestic Violence, and Stalking. This policy was amended by the President effective August 17, 2015, to (1) expand its application to faculty and staff and certain third parties, (2) make minor revisions to the definitions of sexual misconduct including changes to clarify the relationship of the policy definitions to VAWA offenses, (3) modify the definition of incapacitation to make it easier to understand, (4) make changes relating to the initial review of reports and employee reporting obligations, to comply with state law effective July 1, 2015, (5) update contact information and other reporting provisions, and (6) make the policy easier to read through changes to format and organization. The interim policy is posted for campus comment; all comments received will be considered when finalizing the policy in non-interim status at the end of the comment period.
Policies Under Review or Finalization
These are policies previously proposed and being finalized, or current W&M policies that are being reviewed and may be updated, revised, or eliminated.
Policy on Telecommuting. The purpose of this policy is to allow employees to work at alternate work locations for all or part of their workweek. The policy specifies the types of positions that are not eligible for telecommuting, and the factors considered in determining whether specific employees are eligible to telecommute. This policy was posted for campus notice and comment, and is currently being finalized.
- Policy on Financial Conflict of Interest. This policy was adopted in 1995 and has not been updated. Proposed revisions are underway.
Dog Policy (revisions to clarify exemption for service animals under development)
- Return to Work Policy. This policy is reviewed periodically.
Ideas for New Policies or Significant Revisions
This is a non-exhaustive list of new policies that are being drafted, considered, or planned. They may or may not come into being. If you have questions or suggestions about these policies, please contact the Office of Compliance & Policy.
- Policy on employee contact with federal and state government officials
- Lactation policy (policy relating to employees or students breastfeeding children or expressing milk)
- Policy on hours of work and alternate work schedules
- Outside food sourcing policy (under development by Auxiliary Services)