Significant proposed policies and policy revisions are published here, in draft form, for campus comment, as part of W&M's Policy Program.
There are no proposed policies at this time.
Policies adopted within the past six month are highlighted below.
- The Designation of Funds as Donation/Gift or Grant/Sponsored Program is effective January 1, 2018
- The Agency Fund Policy is effective October 2, 2017.
- The Wireless Communications Policy was adopted effective July 1, 2017
- The University Catalogs Policy was adopted effective July 1, 2017
Policies Under Review or Finalization
These are policies previously proposed and being finalized, or current W&M policies that are being reviewed and may be updated, revised, or eliminated.
- The proposed Family and Medical Leave Act Policy was available for review until September 18. It is now being finalized. This policy ensures that the university complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act, which guarantees eligible employees with unpaid leave in certain situations.
Ideas for New Policies or Significant Revisions
This is a non-exhaustive list of new policies that are being drafted, considered, or planned. They may or may not come into being. If you have questions or suggestions about these policies, please contact the Office of Compliance & Equity.
- Policy on employee contact with federal and state government officials. Under development by the Office of Governmental Affairs.
- Licensing policy. Under Development by the Licensing Office (Auxiliary Services).