The Compliance & Policy Office provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. It promotes William & Mary's Code of Ethics and other policies. The Chief Compliance Officer has overall responsibility for the university's compliance program.
The Office also has direct responsibility for discrimination compliance; the Chief Compliance Officer is the university's Title IX Coordinator, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Coordinator and Age Discrimination Act Coordinator.
The Compliance & Policy Office conducts and supports internal investigations. For example, Compliance & Policy staff investigate certain reports and complaints of discrimination, working closely with the Provost, the Office of Diversity & Equal Opportunity, Human Resources, and the Dean of Students.
The Compliance & Policy Office:
- Develops, maintains and promotes awareness of significant university regulations, policies and procedures, particularly those designed to ensure compliance;
- Investigates compliance concerns, including discrimination and harassment complaints;
- Provides compliance resources - information about various compliance topics; and
- Identifies and closes compliance gaps and develops compliance solutions, including by working with the Risk Management Committee.
You should contact the Office with:
- Requests for compliance guidance – questions and concerns about meeting compliance obligations;
- Reports or complaints of compliance problems including unethical behavior; and
- Questions about policies or procedures.
The Compliance & Policy Office does not provide privileged legal advice - please contact University Counsel for legal services.