Beginning your search for a job or internship can be like a job in and of itself. It probably seems daunting, but don't worry. We have provided a number of resources which can help you as you conduct your search, whether you are looking to gain experience or looking to launch your career. A few things to consider before you start:
- Consider if the position fits your values, skills, and goals.
- Employers look for transferable skills, like teamwork, leadership, communication, and problem-solving. Be sure to emphasize how you can bring skills like these to the table.
- Internships help develop industry-specific skills and allow you to build professional connections. This is a great advantage in finding a job later on.
- Networking results in 80% of offers, so be sure to hone your networking skills.
- Tribe Careers lists job and internship opportunities posted by employers seeking William & Mary students and alumni, specifically.