With the help of generous donors, the Career Center is able to offer funded internship opportunities. If you are interested in supporting this initiative, please contact David Lapinski, Senior Associate Director at 757-221-3234 or by email [[dalapi]].
We will begin accepting applications for this funding between April 15th and April 30th.
Through the generous donation of W&M alum, Olympia Ococho Trumbower and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, students who have acquired an unpaid internship in with either a non-profit international development organization or with a philanthropic organization can compete for a $1,500.00 stipend to help defray their expenses. The funding will be awarded based on the quality of the internship experience, as evidenced by the internship description and learning agreement, as well as financial need and the degree to which this internship will further the intern's career goals. Undergraduate rising Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are eligible to apply. You must be a returning student to qualify.
To apply, log into TribeCareers.wm.edu
In your Documents section, upload:
- a copy of the internship description
- a copy of your learning agreement (if your internship site doesn't have one, you can use this one)
- 300 word essay describing how this internship is related to your career goals and academic interests
After uploading these documents, apply to the Trumbower Internship Fund opportunity in "Jobs" section.
Review of the applications, which will include an assessment of financial need, will begin approximately May 1st and the award will be announced the following week.
Funded Real Estate Internship Read this summer intern's blog.
Application Deadline: April 21st midnight.
Description: Steve Banker '78 has provided the Career Center with $5,000 to fund a summer 2013 internship for a student interested in Real Estate, Real Estate Development, Real Estate Finance or similar discipline. The student will need to find or create an unpaid internship opportunity and apply to receive funding. Please include your resume and a statement of interest which explains the internship you have found and how you will benefit from it. Students should demonstrate:
1. Strong interpersonal skills. This encompasses an ability to communicate, adapt and take an interest in people.
2. A knack for being able to convey detailed information in a concise organized manner
3. Confidence/ willingness to cold call
4. A serious level of attention to detail
5. Experience creating/ modifying power point presentations
6. An ability to draft a loan amortization spreadsheet in excel
7. Strong research skills. Resourceful, innovative.
8. A high energy level
9. Basic accounting knowledge which can be transferred to real estate finance
10. A passion to succeed along with an intuitive “feel’ for real estate
To apply, follow this link http://tinyurl.com/realestintern and sign into Tribe Careers.