What is the Career Readiness Punchcard?
• The Cohen Career Center created the Career Readiness Punchcard to encourage engagement with your career decisions early and often through our programs and resources.
• The National Association of Colleges and Employers defines career readiness as the attainment and demonstration of requisite competencies that broadly prepare college graduates for a successful transition into the workplace. For more information on NACE career competencies visit www.naceweb.org Knowledge Center.
Why should I use it?
• Develop clear and informed career decisions.
• Connect your William & Mary education with career options.
• Become a more competitive candidate in your eventual job search by tracking your own career readiness.
• Qualify for special invitations to networking events, career related trips, and other career related opportunities.
How do I use it?
• Check out the resources and programs listed on the back of the Career Readiness Punchcard.
• Bring the card with you to corresponding events to receive a stamp.
• Go to mycareer.wm.edu for tips on resumes, LinkedIn, cover letters, interviews, making connections, and more.
• Log into TribeCareers.wm.edu to locate document resources, search job/internship postings, and find upcoming events, workshops, and mock interviews.
• Once you have completed a combination of six(6) or more items on the card, bring your Career Readiness Punchcard and W&M ID to the front desk at Cohen to have your career readiness completion recorded.
• Contact [[kmbuckley, Kelly Buckley]], Assistant Director-Cohen Career Center, at 757-221-3281.