Call it a dossier, credential file, or portfolio—be sure you have the best way to manage your credentials!
Interfolio is an online credentials management service that is available to William and Mary students and alumni. Interfolio is the cheapest and easiest way for a PhD to send academic credentials to a search committee, an undergraduate to send application materials to graduate and professional schools, or a teacher to apply for a teaching position.
PLEASE NOTE: While convenient, dossier services like Interfolio are not always the best option for compelling job applications, particularly on the scholarly tenure-track market. Consult with your advisor and other experts in your field about how best to make use of Interfolio BEFORE you begin your job search.
Already have an Interfolio account?
Log in to Interfolio to update and manage your file.
Setting up a Credential File for your Letters of Recommendation
Interfolio allows you to build an internet portfolio—a complete file of all your credentials—where you can store any of your life's work:
- Confidential letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing samples
- Dissertation abstract
- Supervising teacher evaluation
- Student & peer evaluations
- Transcripts - from all of your degrees
- Anything else that you need to complete your search.
You have 24/7 access to your portfolio from anywhere in the world. Completing your applications will take minutes instead of days and cost less than a trip to a copy store and post office.
What you get:
- 24 hour access: Our system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere in the world so you can manage your job search when and where you want.
- Single package delivery: Interfolio allows you to put all the documents you need to apply for a position in one package.
- Targeted, customized deliveries: You can specify a unique set of documents for each delivery. And you can specify the order in which your materials are packaged so your presentation is powerful and persuasive.
- Low cost: Since you need only send one delivery to each position, you save money and headaches; it's cheaper to send a 30 page delivery through Interfolio than to go to Kinko's and the US Post Office.
- Self-managed files: With Interfolio you have control of your portfolio. You don't have to rely on others to make intelligent decisions about what documents are delivered on your behalf.
- Lightning Fast Delivery: We send every delivery within one business day of your request. If you need to meet a deadline, we can send express deliveries the same day (as long as you make the request by 2 PM EST).
Create a New Account:
Set up your account in just 2 minutes, and begin building your portfolio immediately.
Account set-up and maintenance fees are as low as $19 a year.
Contact Interfolio for more information.
On September 1, 2006, the College of William & Mary's Career Center implemented a new credential service, Interfolio. As of January 1, 2007, we no longer service credential mailings through our office. Please contact [[jabrow,Julia Brown]] at (757) 221-3233 to discuss transferring your archived file to Interfolio. Inactive files unused in an excess of five years will be destroyed.
Students in strong financial need should contact [[jabrow, Julia Brown]] in the Career Center, at (757) 221-3233.