Post a Job or Internship

Post Jobs and Internships at W&M for:

Undergrads,  Masters of Accounting,  
Arts & Sciences Grad Students, and alumni
MBAs (separate Career Center)  JDs (separate Career Center)
Cohen Career Center Employer Guidelines

In our effort to maintain the integrity of recruiting, the Cohen Career Center follows standards by which all recruitment postings in TribeCareers, our online recruitment database, must adhere. We recommend you keep a copy of the Cohen Career Center Employer Guidelines for future reference.

Post a part-time job

To post part-time/temp jobs, we recommend that you use or place ads in the campus newspapers, such as The Flat Hat or the DOG Street Journal. College Caregivers and are other good places for part-time postings.

Hire international students
  • Is it legal? Yes!
  • Does it cost you money, effort and time? No more than recruiting anyone else--they may even save you money because they are exempt from Social Security and Medicare requirements.  More information
Can't afford to come to campus to recruit?

 [[clmcquillan,Contact us]] about our video conferencing option.

How to Hire International Students

Benefits to Employers:

  • The students' diversity of prior work experiences coupled with academic excellence provides innovative approaches to business.
  • Students demonstrate outstanding characteristics that are appealing to top employers: knowledge of other cultures, multiple language capabilities (including English), and ability to contribute in a teamwork-centered environment.
  • Students also exhibit high quality skills such as leadership, independence, and ability to adapt to change.

How to Hire an International Student for Internships or Post-Graduate Employment:

A majority of  international students hold an F-1 Student Visa, which typically allows them to work in the U.S. while in school up to 12 months for credit. They also can qualify to work for 12 months upon graduation. If your company participates in the E-Verify program, an F-1 student in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) major may qualify for an additional 24 months of employment. Employers may be asked to provide a brief letter specifying employment dates, location, and job description; however, no forms or expenses are required! Formal internships may also allow short-term employment for these students through Practical Training.

How to Hire an International Student for Full-Time Employment:

An employer may petition for an H-1B visa through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The H-1B visa initially provides for three years of professional employment and may be extended an additional three years. Aliens subject to 2-year home residence requirements are not eligible.

The Employer's Role in Obtaining an H-1B visa:

The H-1B visa is an employment based petition which is filed by the employer on behalf of an individual. Information for employers and forms may be accessed through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.

Processing times may vary but often take several months. Premium processing is available for an additional fee.