Social networking is part of your job search strategy
You know that networking remains the single most effective job search strategy. Online networking is becoming an increasingly important component. Start building and polishing your professional online presence now!
Your online profile/professional summary is different than your resume; different than your cover letter. In is written in a more narrative style, but you will have to keep it very succinct.
LinkedIn.com has a lot of great advice about how to do this.
- Watch the introductory video
- LinkedIn Checklist
- 5 things to avoid
- How to maximize your LinkedIn account
Twitter is also an increasingly useful tool to use in your job search. Here are ten tips on how to use this popular social media site to find a job!
More Advice - External Links
- Sample LinkedIn Scripts - What to write when inviting someone into your network
- SeekingSuccess.com - LinkedIn
- About.com - LinkedIn and Your Job Search
- AC Online: College Student Guide to Professional Social Profiles