Departments & Offices » Career Center » Articles » Career Choice » Research
Now that you have a good idea of what kind of things you are good at, what kind of environment you'd like to work in, and what kind of work will bring you the most satisfaction, start researching where you'd like to work.
- Talk to W&M alumni in career fields that interest you.
- William and Mary Student Outcomes This is the combined information from the last 4 years of our senior surveys.
- Come to our Career Exploration Panels and talk to people in different career fields.
- Attend employers' information sessions here on campus.
- Career Insider (formerly VAULT) Newly revised! In-depth information about popular career fields, plus industry and employer information.
- Occupational Information Network - Search by skills, interests, values, etc.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Learn about hiring trends, average salaries, educational requirements, etc.
- Career Infonet - Research specific career fields.
- JobShadow.com - Learn about the challenges, opportunities, and day-to-day activities for positions in numerous fields.
- Jobstr.com - Ask professionals questions about their occupations and read through Q&A's to get in the inside scoop of what a given career entails.
- Browse current jobs by career field to see what's out there today that might be interesting to you!