- Career advising and exploration, specializing in:
- Arts, Media & Entertainment careers
- Education & Human Services careers
- Career liaison for the School of Education, Psychology, and the Arts departments (Art & Art History, Film Studies, Music, and Theatre, Speech & Dance)
- Instructor, My Active Career Exploration series
- Co-liaison, Parents & Family Initiative
- Manager of Career Advising Ambassadors team (undergraduate students who assist with publicity and peer education initiatives)
- Coordinator for the Biennial Ferguson Publishing Seminar, K-12 Education Interview Day, and Ferguson-Blair Graduate Scholarship in Publishing
- Office liaison to the W&M Neurodiversity Working Group
Anna Umbreit is a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC) specializing in career counseling. She has been working in the Cohen Career Center since November 2013. She serves as the career liaison to the Art & Art History, Film Studies, Music, and Theatre, Speech & Dance, and Psychology departments as well as the School of Education.
Anna has 12 years of experience in career development from several schools including Emerson College, James Madison University, and Gettysburg College. While she can work with a broad array of majors, Anna’s specialty is advising students interested in working in the following areas: arts, entertainment, communication, education, or human services. She holds an M.S. in Counseling and a B.A. in Communications/Journalism from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. She also is certified in the Myers Briggs Type Indicator Step I and II. Anna’s creative endeavors and interests include writing/publishing/blogging, film festivals, museums, and fashion design. She is a member of Sundance, the Independent Film Festival of Boston, Grub Street writer's resource, several museums, and the Boston Book Festival.