Homecoming is upon us and there will be a variety of special events taking place that will impact parking on campus. Included below is an overview of areas that will be impacted as well as parking alternatives to help minimize the disruptions between October 18-21, 2017. Please note that the attached maps show where parking will be restricted each day.
- Ongoing through Wednesday Oct 18th: There will be intermittent demand for the 9 curbside spaces along the lower end of James Blair Drive to allow for loading, setup and breakdown of the tent equipment from the lower (west) end of the Sunken Garden
- Ongoing through Wednesday Oct 18th: The Crim Dell Drive has been assigned as a primary parking area for event setup and staff. On Saturday, October 21st the area will be used for special guest parking for the football game
- Wednesday, Oct 18th: Starting at 1:30 pm, 34 Faculty/Staff spaces will be reserved in the Morton Lot to accommodate for the CWMF Meetings.
- Thursday, Oct 19th: In the morning, there will be an increase in demand in Morton Lot for the CWMF Meetings
- As the day goes on, parking demand increases in the Stadium and Old Dominion lots, and in the early evening the upper areas along James Blair Drive and the Rear Sadler lots which will include a number of reserved spaces for Homecoming.
- In the evening, the Kaplan Arena lower end and Brooks Street will be under special event restrictions from 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. to allow for parade float buildup, The upper area will be reserved for the Scholarship Luncheon participants
- Friday, Oct 20th: Demand will increase all day in the center of campus. Old Dominion & James Blair lots and a few spaces along James Blair Drive will carry a VIP special event reservation, vendor and setup activity will increase in preparation for the Parade and events in the Sunken Garden
- We have secured use of 50 Faculty/Staff parking spaces leased in the First Baptist Church Lot on Scotland Street for use throughout the day
- Increased traffic associated with Homecoming will be felt across campus
- The Compton lot will be closed to accommodate guests attending the Scholarship Luncheon events
- Students may park at the School of Education lots. The WATA Green Line & Trolley provide service from SOE lot to campus
- Saturday, Oct 21st: Football parking (The Stadium/Bryan lot, University Center lot, Old Dominion lot, Camm Lot, Yates-Randolph lot, James Blair lot and spaces on James Blair Drive, the Compton Lot, the Kaplan Arena Hall Lot, Rear GGV lots, Harrison Ave, and the designated and signed spaces on College Terrace and Dawson Circle) in effect from 7:00 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. Cars must be moved from these lots by 7 am. Additional Special event reservations will be posted in the Morton Lot and along James Blair Drive