Vehicles become eligible for wheel lock when they meet any of the following criteria
Three (3) outstanding tickets which have not been paid or appealed within 14 days of the date of the latest ticket or
- Two (2) tickets which have not been paid within 30 days of the date of the later ticket or
- Have exceeded the six (6) ticket limit and selected for a restricted decal or
- Are found displaying lost, stolen, fraudulent, or altered decals/passes or
- Are not registered and have been issued a warning and two (2) No Decal Citations or
- Have an outstanding citation balance of $350 or more.
Vehicle owners with a vehicle that is wheel locked must pay all outstanding fines, plus a $60.00 wheel lock fee within 48 hours of the wheel lock. Acceptable payment methods are cash, check, and money order, Visa or MasterCard. The William and Mary Express card may only be used when paying at Parking Services. Vehicles wheel locked in excess of 48 hours will be towed to a private, licensed garage at the owner’s expense or other location as determined by Parking Services.