Making an Appeal
- An appeal must be made within 10 working days of the violation
- Provide details of extenuating circumstances concerning the reason why you parked at the location and in the manner cited.
- Appeals that challenge established policy or fine values will be denied.
- If an appeal is not made in a timely manner or if payment is past due the appeal will be denied.
- All appeals are final
- Verbal appeals are not accepted, you may choose to appear in person. In this case a written, or online appeal is still required and you must state your desire to appear. Once scheduled you will be notified of the date and time of the Committee hearing.
The following grounds for appeal will NOT be considered:
- Ignorance of regulations
- Lost ticket
- Citation for parking in handicapped space
- Citation for lost, stolen, or fraudulent decal
- Convenient space availability
- Only parked illegally for a few minutes
- Financial hardship
- Bad weather or darkness
- Running late
- Unread or misunderstood signs