Departments & Offices » Auxiliary Services » Parking & Transportation » Parking Services » Carpool Program
Cut your daily commuting cost by up to 70%
Parking Services offers support for carpools through several measures and encourages all members of the William & Mary community to consider the financial and environmental benefits of establishing a carpool.
Parking services offers a special single hangtag parking pass to carpool members.
- A carpool consists of a minimum of three individuals who share a ride to and from campus every day.
- Driving responsibility can be divided between carpool members in any way.
- The carpool hangtag is sold at the baseline rate (Tier 4) and the cost of the single tag is divided between carpool members; more members equal more savings.
- The tag can move between the different vehicles used by the carpool.
In addition, each carpool group will be given 6 one-day parking passes.
- These passes can be used whenever the carpool cannot meet, to cover unforeseen circumstances.
- Additional passes may be purchased as needed at the prevailing daily rate.
Parking services has reserved 23 spaces especially for carpool members.
- These spaces are distributed throughout the Williamsburg campus.
- These areas commonly referred to as pods are located at the Law School F/S Lot, Old Dominion Lot, Parking Deck, School of Education, and Yates/Randolph lot.
Parking Services has established a W&M Rideshare partnership with AlterNet Rides.
- AlterNet Rides is a popular online carpool tool used to facilitate the creation and use of carpools.
- Find potential carpool partners in minutes.
- The service is completely FREE.
- To acces the tool click here. You will be prompted to create an account profile and start ridesharing.