Cupola marks progress at Miller Hall| October 13, 2008
Construction of Miller Hall – future home of the Mason School of Business – passed a significant milestone October 10 when the building’s cupola was put into place.
The cupola was lifted into place by crane in front of several spectators who gathered at the business school’s future home at the corner of Ukrop Way and Jamestown Road. Construction on the new 163,000-square foot building began in spring 2007. The state-of-the-art academic facility is scheduled to open for students, faculty and staff in fall 2009.
The $75-million building, which is designed to achieve LEED certification as an environmentally friendly facility, is named after 1958 William and Mary alumnus Alan B. Miller. The building’s cupola weighs 7,700 pounds and is 28-feet high. It will serve as an important landmark and signal the building as the new western gateway for the William and Mary campus.
See the Mason School of Business Web site.