The Office of Volunteer Management is seeking an intern whose primary responsibilities will be to support the volunteer management program, women & philanthropy initiatives and centennial commemoration of coeducation. The office is located in the Alumni House.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the planning effort for the Commemoration of 100 years of Coeducation through archival research, drafting marketing and promotional materials, serving as a social media ambassador, supporting events associated with the committee and task groups charged with programming.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of alumnae regional events.
- Supporting the efforts of the Society of 1918 whose membership is comprised of leading W&M women philanthropists.
- Supporting the rollout and management of the new volunteer recruitment portal
- Supporting the development of potential new alumni volunteer opportunities
Our ideal candidate:
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Is proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, data entry, mail merge knowledge is a plus
- Has successfully managed multiple projects independently
- Has experience planning and organizing large campus events
- Is a Sophomore or Junior