The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) in University Advancement is seeking an undergraduate intern for Fall 2017 who is interested in learning about grant proposals and sources of funding, while helping CFR support the College’s fundraising priorities and goals.
- The intern will complete a total of 100 hours over the course of 12 weeks, working approximately 8 hours weekly. During this time, he/she will work with the CFR team to undertake some of the following tasks:
- Collect and synthesize information from academic departments and other College offices to assist with grant proposal development
- Conduct research on the program and giving interests of potential corporate and foundation donors
- Help maintain the College’s donor database
- Help manage CFR tracking systems and plan CFR events, working with departments and offices across campus
- Other exciting duties as assigned!
The ideal candidate possesses demonstrated interest, experience and/or skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Research and analysis, especially facility with large databases and internet searches
- Writing and oral communication
- Use of Microsoft Office and/or databases
Upon completion of the internship, the intern will have:
- Gained experience in supporting foundation and corporate fundraising for higher education, including conducting targeted prospect research
- Sharpened verbal and written communication skills to include professional communication and technical writing
- Gained valuable institutional knowledge about William & Mary