Tell us your college dream and we'll help you make it happen.
William & Mary students are some of the brightest, most talented, most capable college students in America. To ensure that each and every student has the most successful college experience imaginable, the administration, faculty and staff provide some essential student services.
- The Office of the Dean of Students guides all students, graduate and undergraduate, through successful completion of their academic and personal goals. The office promotes academic and personal success through academic counseling, transfer support services, student conduct and more.
- The Office of First Year Experience supports the transition of new students into the College community through programming and outreach services, including New Student Orientation.
- The good folks at the University Registrar's Office help smooth the process of registering for classes, checking grades and receiving official transcripts. IB and AP? NP! They'll help demystify the world of incoming credits.
- Academic Advising is more than a buzzword at W&M. You'll be paired with a dedicated W&M professor who helps you explore your academic interests and draw up an exciting academic plan. After declaring a major, you’ll be assigned a new advisor in your major who will guide you through upper-level course selection, senior honors projects, graduation and beyond.
- The Center for Student Diversity celebrates the enormous diversity of the W&M community through unforgettable annual events like the Homecoming Greek Step Show, the Harvest Moon Festival and Taste of Asia. The office's SPAN program pairs first-year students of color with trained upperclassmen mentors, and the multicultural lecture series showcases important contemporary voices like author and philosopher Cornel West, political activist Arun Ghandi and writer Helie Lee.
- There are times when all of us need support when navigating the freedoms, responsibilities and social interactions of life. The caring staff members at the Counseling Center are a confidential resource for any and all of your concerns, large or small.
- The W&M Career Center isn't only for seniors. Our career counselors can help you think about possible majors, explore your unique skills and interests, and consider ways to experience the real world of work during your college years. The center maintains updated lists of jobs and internships for qualified students. Dedicated career counselors work with students on resume writing, interviewing skills, preparing for graduate school and professional networking. And when it's time to leap into the real world, the Career Center can soften the landing through its extensive alumni network.