You don't have to be a history buff to have a blast in W&M's hometown.
Williamsburg is much more than America’s favorite historical theme park. It's a lively college and tourist town with over a hundred terrific restaurants, live music clubs, art galleries, movie theaters and more. Plus the sunny shores of Virginia Beach and the big city life of Richmond and Washington, D.C. are right down the road (in opposite directions).
- Kimball Theatre in downtown Williamsburg showcases live concerts, plays, and independent and foreign film festivals.
- The Williamsburg area has restaurants for every taste and mood: Mexican, Thai, Indian, pizza, seafood, Chinese, fine dining, authentic delis and cool coffee shops.
- Colonial Williamsburg is a living, historic museum and it's right next door! W&M students, parents, faculty, staff and alumni can enjoy many perks with the Collegiate Pass.
- Catch a flick at one of a dozen area movie theaters, including IMAX in Hampton.
- Sample some of the country's greatest coasters at Busch Gardens ("The World's Most Beautiful Theme Park") or cool off at Water Country USA.
- Leave your car at home. William & Mary students ride for free on Williamsburg Area Transit (WAT) buses that connect the campus with all area attractions.
Find out more about what Williamsburg has to offer: