The Peer Advising Program accepts applications from mid-December to mid-February. Returning Peer Advisors are exempt from the interview process.
Who We Are
The Peer Advising Program is a student group that assists admitted freshman and transfer students in their academic transition to William & Mary. All new students are connected with upper-level students who serve as Peer Advisors. The Peer Advisors operate with the Office of Academic Advising to support the advising process for new students by
- Providing leadership and foster a network of peer support.
- Serving as role models and provide information on curricular and co-curricular opportunities at W&M.
- Informing new students on policy and procedures as well as campus resources.
- Teaching the registration process to new students in preparation for scheduling classes.
- Supporting the Office of Academic Advising staff and faculty advisors.
For additional information on the Peer Advising Program please contact [[advising, Gail Williams]], Peer Advisor Program Coordinator.