Congratulations to the new 2014-15 Executive Board Members:
- Archival Chair: Caitlin Ward
- Peer Advising Chair: Leah Foley
- Recruitment Chair: Ace Goldstein
- Training Chair: Dan Kent
If you see these students around campus, be sure to congratulate them on their new positions!
About the Peer Advising Program
The Peer Advising Program is a student group that assists admitted freshman and transfer students in their academic transition to William and Mary. All new students are connected with upper-level students who serve as peer advisors. The peer advisors operate with the Office of Academic Advising to support the advising process for new students and also:
- Provide leadership and foster a network of peer support.
- Serve as role models and provide information on curricular and co-curricular opportunities at W&M.
- Inform new students on policy and procedures as well as campus resources.
- Teach the registration process to new students in preparation for scheduling classes.
- Support the professional and faculty advisors.
Interested in becoming a Peer Advisor?
The Peer Advising Program maintains an open application process to all qualified rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors enrolled at the College. The program recruits new Peer Advisors in the Spring semester. Click in the left navigation menu on "Be a Peer Advisor" to learn more.
The qualifications to be a new advisor include meeting a minimum Grade Point Average (2.5), successfully passing a review of the applicants’ judicial and/or honor records provided by the Dean of Students Office, and conducting a successful interview with the program's Interview Committee.
Training and Attendance
In order to serve as a peer advisor you must participate in a brief training session held during the Spring semester, sign the Peer Advisor Contract pledging to commit and fulfill all the responsibilities, and attend orientation training and orientation. Signing the Peer Advisor Contract signifies an acceptance of the position and all the duties and responsibilities it entails.
Email OAAPeerAdvising@wm.edu for more information.