The Departmental Honors Program is administered through the Charles Center.
Students who wish to pursue an Honors project as part of their Theatre Major should be aware of the following guidelines:
- Students must have a 3.0 cumulative, or a 3.0 in the Junior year alone.
- Students must consult with a theatre department faculty member before applying to the Charles Center
- Students must apply to the Charles Center before the first day of classes in the fall semester
- Application must include name of thesis advisor, description of project, evidence of initial bibliographic work, and tentative timetable for plans to complete project.
- For Theatre, an Honors Project can be creative or scholarly. Scholarly essays should be 30-70 pages. Essays summarizing research used in a creative project will be shorter, 15-30 pages.
- MLA style
- Costs of the project go to the students including copying, photography, etc.
- Projects will be reviewed at the end of the first semester and if deemed that enough work has been completed, students will continue on to register for 496 in the Spring.
- Final copy of the thesis is due at 5 pm on April 15.
- Student will defend their thesis in front of a three person thesis committee.